Pages

Day 42 - A Conocer Barcelona

July 12 – Hello Barcelona

I wake up to some commotion. It turns out that the vomiting girl didn’t even belong to our hostel. The real girl arrived and said someone was in her bed. So they tried to wake her up quietly but that didn’t really work out. The vomiting girl went out with people who were staying in our room and apparently was too drunk off her mind to have gone back to her own hostel. Anyway, it was sooooo gross. The bunks were really close. So, the backpack of the girl who was under the vomiting girl was full of just maggot-looking soup of vomit. (To paint a picture for you :) )

When we went outside, we were really close to the Las Ramblas – the main walkway with all the shops, artists, etc. First thing we did was go to Picasso’s Museum. This one is bigger than the one in Malaga. I love Picasso’s work. I still can’t comprehend how something can be so broken and incongruous and be beautiful and sane at the same time. My favorite sala was their temporary exhibition – which had various artists’ study of Velasquez’s Las Meninas.


DSC05814.JPG

I loved it. After that, we just walked around the Las Ramblas. I saw another Starbucks. So after we walked around for a while and took in all the usual plaza craziness (painters, statue people, magic people, etc.), we stopped by Starbucks so I could buy another mug. We’re collecting city mugs and I must say buying $18 mugs is getting a bit expensive. LOL.

Anyway, we dropped off our stuff at our hostel to get ready for our Fat Bike Tour. The meeting point was really close to our hostel which was good. I had not been on a bike in so long. I seriously cannot remember the last time – wait – I do. Haha. I bought this bike last summer but returned it coz I didn’t really want a mountain bike. (I found out I’d prefer one of those cruiser bikes) Anyway, the bike tour was awesome. It was so much fun. I think I spaced out too much when the tour guide was talking because I was just so psyched about being on a bike, driving something, going more than 2 miles per hour, and not walking! LOL We hit the Cathedral (under construction), the steps where the Catholic Kings received Christopher Colombus, square where the Romans executed all these people from way back when, the Gaudi Park, Arc de Triomph and promenade, the Gaudi park, the Sagrada Familia, and the beach. It wasn’t a good day for the beach. It got very windy and a bit chilly. We made a drink stop there. Some had beer and sangria. When it started to rain, we pedaled back to the bike tour’s shop where we kept our stuff and to pay for the tour. :)

For dinner, we went back out in the rain. It was miserable. We were walking forever under the rain and they could not decide where to eat. We finally found this one sorta Italian restaurant who had an offer of 3 courses for 6.95. Shannen finally got her paella. Breanna, Juile, and I got spaghetti, chicken with fries, and flan. I was going to order sangria but Shannen already had sangria with her paella package so we made a deal coz she only wanted water. When the bill came, our jaws dropped. Julie’s and Breanna’s drinks were 5.10 each. Ridicuhlous. Good thing I only ended up getting water. 10 oz. for 2.10 euros. LOL.

We went back to the hostel and had this 2 hour conversation with a girl from New Zealand and 2 British girls. After that got into the wee hours of the morning, we decided to call it a night. :P

No response to “Day 42 - A Conocer Barcelona”

Post a Comment