Pages

Wanderlust: Singapore In a Rush

After 3 and a half hours of sleep, I woke up and went online to figure out what to do during the day. After some research and taking a shower, my roommate in the hostel who was also traveling by herself and I decided to do Singapore together. What ensued was a major back-to-back-to-back super bugbog tour of Singapore.

We left the hostel around 10am. We walked from our hostel to the post office to send some postcards then we proceeded to Orchard Road and looked around the shops and stuff. We stopped by Wisma Atria because I got hungry. I had the Hainanese Chicken Rice at Sergeant in Food Republic. It was delicious. =)

Next up was Clark Quay where I had dessert - Hokkaiden Ice Cream - Durian and Green Tea flavors. Again, it was scrumptious. =) We walked there for a bit then we got back on the MRT to go on to Chinatown.

Chinatown was interesting - as all Chinatowns are. We walked around the People's Complex and I bought a fridge magnet for dad - like I do for every city I visit. We were on our way to Pagoda Street when we passed by this Durian Pancake stall. Of course I had to try it! Good thing Bettina was game too. She didn't diss on Durian like a lot of people do. She actually liked it. Of course, I did too!

We went down Pagoda Street and passed by all the stalls. We then went to the Sri Mariamman Temple - the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore. It began to rain but so we took out our umbrellas and walked on to the Outram MRT Station which is a good walk from the temple.

We took the MRT to Harbourfront and went all the way up to buy our tickets to cross over to Sentosa. The rain kinda threw us off coz we really wanted to do the Luge and the Sky Ride. Oh well. So, we hopped on the Sentosa Express and made our way to Singapore's Amusement Park as I like to call it. =P

First up in Sentosa was the Underwater World. I touched a sting ray and saw a dugong. =P 40 minutes later we hopped on a bus to go to the Pink Penguin Show. The sun began to come out after the penguin show so we got excited that the Luge might be up and running again. We walked all the way back to the Luge and indeed it was back in operation! The Sky Ride on the way up can get a bit scary but I occuppied myselfwith taking pictures. And it worked. The rar moments that I wasn't clicking, it did get a bit scary! =P However, it's all worth it if it means going back down on the Luge. Super exhilirating! =)

8 hours into our tour - we showed no signs of stopping. Next up was the Songs of the Sea Laser show. I got this huge snowcone for the show. The show was really cool except for the kids-aimed cartoon characters in the story.

When the laser show was ended, we hurriedly went back to the mainland. We grabbed a quick dinner in Vivo City's Food Republic. This time I had prawn noodles - way more scrumptious than the chicken rice I had for lunch.

We got on the MRT and made our way all the way up to Ang Mo Kio station. From there we took a 15-minute cab ride to the Night Safari. We thought the last tram rides had already been over but - fortunately we were mistaken! We skipped the animal show and went straight ahead with the tram ride. It's not as amazing as it's cracked out to be but it certainly is not bad. It's interesting to see the animals at night - truly a first for me. There were other animals there which I would have easily scoffed of as mythical creatures if I saw them in a book or something. LOL It was pretty cool. On our way out, we passed by this Doctor Fish spot and I really really wanted to try it. So I did! Bettina didn't coz she said she's had it the "natural" way while she was on a lake in Australia last month. Anyway, at first it feels sooooooo ticklish but you get used to it after a few minutes. Then, it just feels like there are bubbles going up your toes. =)

We took an express bus back to the city. We got back to the hostel past midnight. After taking a quick shower, I was passed out!
And there goes my 14-hour super-sulit tour of Singapore. =)


No response to “Wanderlust: Singapore In a Rush”

Post a Comment