Pages

Better very very late than never - from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur

I suppose my trip had plateaued when I just stopped blogging altogether. I'm terribly regretful that I did that and I know I should have kept writing regardless. I mean, that is the purpose of this blog, right? So anyway.

On my 3rd day in Singapore (Nov15,2008), I really really wanted to go visit the "Durian" Building aka the Esplanade, revisit the durian pancake stall in Chinatown, and taste the fried oyster omelette, teh tarik (pulled milk tea) and Tiger beer. I had a bus to catch by noon so I had barely 2 hours to get all of these done. To make a long story short, my morning agenda wasn't all too successful. The durian pancake stall did not sell durian pancakes until after lunch time. So that went down the drain. The fried oyster omelette made me want to puke after a few spoonfuls because of the food's texture. I tried to push it down with the Tiger beer but I found it to be awful! About the only good thing from my food trip today was I successfully bargained a free cup of teh tarik from a nice lady. I had no more Singapore Dollars to spare and I just really wanted to taste it. She was kind enough to humor me. :)

Realizing that I was really pressed for time, I hurriedly made my long long way to the Esplanade. After miles of walking and many MRT changes, I arrived inside the building. As I made my way out, the only tourists on the front of the building were Filipinos. I asked them to take a photo of me and they happily obliged. Having been told that the Merlion in Sentosa was not the "real" one (LOL) I was determined to see the "real" one near the Esplanade but as I was really really running out of time, I just walked to the edge of the walkway and had my picture taken. In my hurry, I didn't realize until it was TOO late that the picture those guys took of me was SO horrible that this is the last time I will speak of that picture's existence! Hahahahaa.

After that, I blitzed back to the hostel to pick up my things. I had to hail a cab to get to the bus station on time. Luckily, I was a few minutes early or they were a few minutes late. Either way, it bought me enought time to go to the bathroom to freshen up a bit.

The bus ride to Kuala Lumpur was an uneventful 6 hour ride with one stop. I was seated at the end of the bus. I didn't realize how loud it was until we got into KL city. Thank GOD for my Bose QC3s. If not for them, I may have had to hurt myself on that trip.

No response to “Better very very late than never - from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur”

Post a Comment