Pages

Wanderlust: Singapore aka Asia Lite p.1

I boarded the plane to Singapore around 2:40pm and we landed on Changi airport around 6pm.

First thing I noticed about Singapore is how clean it was - how unAsia like =P
Second thing was how English was as widely used as in Pinas or the US for that matter

True to my "mini-backpacking" trip, I did not have wheels with me. I had my North Face backpack and my Nike day pack plus my purse. With those in tow, I took the MRT to my hostel located around the Somerset area. Supernice hostel. I have absolutely nothing to complain about except for the very basic breakfast. But then again, you don't pick to stay in a place for their breakfast, do you?

The hostel was a good 10-minute walk from the MRT station. Gijabar dyud kog maayo pag-abot nako. =P Anyway. Right when I get settled in, I met two Pinoys - si Juan and Jet -hanging out by the computer. Bading ang mga lola mo. In fainess gwapo din sila. LOL

Anyway, so sa pagchika-chika namin, they asked me if I wanted to tag along with them for dinner at Lua Pa Sat - a hawker stall center - for dinner. Of course, I was more than willing to go. We had satay, fried rice, and noodles with black spicy sauce and sugarcane for drinks.

Next up, we went to Clark Quay to stroll and witness the nightlife. Kaloka ang mga lola nyo. Andami dawng masasarap. In fairness, tama din naman sila. Hahaha. I got distracted when I received a call from my credit card company alerting me of suspicious activity on my account. Indeed, fraudulent unauthorized charges were made and I think (and I hope I'm right) that the situation is now under control. Clark Quay is really pretty at night. The linings of the river wall are lit with changing colors and there are plenty of bars and food establishments that line both sides of the river. There was this one bar that was called CLINIC and their chairs were made of hospital beds and lightings were like the ones used in surgery. It was quite interesting.

After strolling for a good while, we took a cab back to the hostel and I took a nice long shower. This hostel's shower is the best I've been on - it's very clean, very spacious, the water pressure is strong, and it's a one-person occupancy so it's not like a big bathroom split into cubicles or anything.

I got on the internet to "plan" the day ahead and went to bed at 2:45am!

Next to come, my crazy-ass 14-hour day tour of Singapore.

One response to “Wanderlust: Singapore aka Asia Lite p.1”

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment