Pages

Magayon Mayon

Back Blog – Magayon Mayon (Beautiful Mayon)

So, I neglected to blog about Mayon after the butanding entry. In sum, Ate Aiza and I spent about a day around Legaspi after Donsol. After our butanding swim, we hurriedly packed and checked out of our hut and made our way to the terminal. We got into Legaspi around 2pm and checked into Dreams Hotel right in front of the LCC Mall. We had a quick and light lunch and decided to go see Mayon at the Cagsawa ruins. Be aware that this place is swarmed with kids trying to get you to do camera trick shots with the volcano and the half-buried steeple. I didn’t see them as bothersome as other touts. They were actually fun coz the shots were really cool. You just give them 30 – 50 pesos and they should be fine.

When we got there we busied ourselves with the trick shots with the ruins as the Mayon was hidden behind clouds. I was doing a shot on top of this big rock when all of a sudden I looked up and the Mayon was in clear view. To my excitement, I miscalculated my step and dove onto the ground! Haha! Good thing I caught my balance with my two hands in between my spread out legs and avoided a far worse mishap. My cousin and the camera trick boy were too shocked to help me up. Hahahaha! So I got up by myself and told them to run to a spot and finally get a picture with Mayon!
It was such a fun time and I was so glad to have finally seen Mayon. =)

On our way home, I was buying Dad a magnet in one of the souvenir shops when a boy came in and offered the salesladies green mangoes with salt. OMG!!! The ate gladly offered us some and saying no was clearly not an option. We must have devoured more than half of the mangoes! It was uberdelicious!

The next day, we went back for more partly because I wanted to buy pili nuts and they were double the price at the mall compared to the ones sold outside the Cagsawa ruins. Haha! Much to my delight, there were more mangoes sold in one of the stores outside the gates. I had 3 for breakfast. You just have no idea how happy I was to have had that chance. I think that moment marked the beginning of the many heavenly food moments I had yet to encounter.

Overall, I was very very happy to have had the chance to come to Bicol and swim with the butandings and see Mayon! =)

No response to “Magayon Mayon”

Post a Comment